“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? Luke 14:28
This section has all of the cutting and sewing information for multiple costumes. Separate pages on the web will give the items mentioned here per costume with various ways of wearing the items. Here is the cutting information shown below.
- We recommend purchasing 100% cotton 44 or 45″ width for all pieces. Machine wash & dry and iron all fabric before cutting. Fabric can shrink to 42″ width and that is incorporated in the one size fits all. The Robe final cut may be 42″ x 62″.
- All pieces are rotary cut so most cuts are across the width of the fabric from selvage edge to edge. The only exception is the Tunic and Prayer Shawl which is cut in half lengthwise.
- Ironing before cutting makes sewing easier and with less cutting and sewing error. The hems and finished edges are ironed before sewing to reduce or eliminate pinning.
- Use neutral or black thread only. Some contrast is fine and this will save costs and frustration of matching thread to cloth.
- Detailed information can be found on the following pages: Jesus, Disciples, Mary, Angel, and Beards & Wigs